Free Income Tax Prep
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program provides free tax preparation services to individuals and families. Those who qualify can receive free basic tax return preparation from IRS-certified volunteers who can help you claim available tax credits and electronically file your taxes. By taking advantage of this free service, you can avoid paying fees, claim tax credits you’re eligible for, and obtain the largest refund possible.
No taxpayer shall be subjected to discrimination based on race, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
Sponsored by Coastal Bend VITA Coalition – United Way of the Coastal Bend, Del Mar College, Goodwill Industries of South Texas, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, IRS, Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend and Coastal Bend College.
What to bring
Please be prepared to drop-off/provide copies of the following:
- Your photo ID
- Social Security card or individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN) letter for all individuals listed on the return
- W-2s, 1099s (including 1099-G for unemployment received if applicable), and all other tax-related documents for 2021
- Letter 6419 from the IRS regarding Advanced Child Tax Credit distributed in 2021
- Form 1095-A, B, or C Health Insurance Coverage Statement
- All 1098 E&T forms for educational expenses
- Childcare provider name, address, phone number, and tax ID number
- Voided check if using direct deposit for refund
- Copy of your 2020 tax return (if possible)
2022 VITA Corpus Christi
ends Monday, April 4th
NEW LOCATION: 4135 Ayers St., Corpus Christi, TX (doors are on the Port Ave. side across the street from the USPS building and Peter Piper Pizza).
Drop Off VITA Site Hours**
Monday, Wednesday, 5:30-8:30 p.m.
Saturday 1:30-3:30 p.m.
**Closed March 14th-19th for Spring Break**
Last Day for drop off is Monday, April 4th.