Free Income Tax Prep
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program provides free tax preparation services to individuals and families. Those who qualify can receive free basic tax return preparation from IRS-certified volunteers who can help you claim available tax credits and electronically file your taxes. By taking advantage of this free service, you can avoid paying fees, claim tax credits you’re eligible for, and obtain the largest refund possible.
For the 2021 tax season, the VITA site at Goodwill, located at 2961 South Port Avenue in Corpus Christi, TX will be a drop-off site. Beginning February 1st, hours of operation will be Monday& Wednesday from 5-8 p.m. and Saturday from 1-3 p.m. You will need to bring your tax forms, including Form 14446 and Form 13614-C
As a reminder, the VITA program is based on volunteers. Please complete the VITA Interest Form to help us with planning and volunteer recruitment efforts.
2021 VITA Hours
2961 S. Port Avenue, Corpus Christi, TX
361-884-4068 ext. 10106
Monday & Wednesday 5-8 p.m.
Saturday 1-3 p.m.
Face coverings are required and temperature checks will be taken at check-in. When you arrive, please ring the doorbell to check-in.
What do I bring with me?
- Form 13614-C Intake/Interview & Quality Review Sheet & Form 14446 Virtual VITA/TCE Taxpayer Consent – please complete and print both these IRS documents before you drop off your packet
- Your photo ID
- Social Security Card or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) letter for all individuals listed on the return
- W-2s, 1099s, and all other tax-related documents for 2020
- Form 1095-A, B or C Health Insurance Coverage Statement
- All 1098 E&T forms for educational expenses
- Childcare provider name, address, phone number and tax ID number
- Voided check if using direct deposit for refund
- Copy of your 2019 return, if applicable
- For joint returns, both spouses must be present to sign required forms
No taxpayer shall be subjected to discrimination based on race, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
Sponsored by Coastal Bend VITA Coalition – United Way of the Coastal Bend, Del Mar College, Goodwill Industries of South Texas, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, IRS, Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend and Coastal Bend College.