APPLY NOW – PAYROLL/BENEFITS CLERK
Job Title:PAYROLL/BENEFITS CLERK (CORPORATE 2020)
Base Pay:$12.00 – $14.00 / Hour
Employee Type:FT Non-Exempt
Goodwill Industries of South Texas Inc. is an EO employer-M/F/Vets/Disabled and other protected categories.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for inputting hours, processing and distributing payroll to 500+ employees, and prepares reports for the agency. Also responds to and/or resolves employees’ benefits questions, processes benefit transactions, communicates with health insurance vendors regarding employee eligibility; and other benefit issues, conducts benefits orientation; and assists with open enrollment. Performs routine accounting activities and prepares various reports and other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Record and process payroll
- Prepares responses for various external requests
- Advise employees of various benefits available to them including health insurance, vision, dental, life insurance and retirement plans
- Assist employees with enrollment forms, making sure they are complete and correct
- Responsible for changing insurance rate increases/decreases online to Cobra
- Responsible for the open enrollment process by ensuring accuracy of employee communication materials, facilitating open enrollment meetings, preparing informational packets to be mailed to employees, entering open enrollment elections online
- Verify billing and balance benefit invoices to match payroll deductions
- Present benefit options at all new employee orientation
- Comply with COBRA notification process
- Submit paperwork needed when employee becomes eligible for benefits
- Adhere to and enforce safety and loss prevention procedures to prevent injury to personnel and damage to property, equipment and inventory
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Embrace the core values of the agency in the spirit in which the agency operates at work and in the community.
- Contribute to the fulfillment of department and agency objectives and goals.
- Comply with all department and agency policies, procedures and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma or GED certificate of completion plus (three) 3 years of work experience in benefits/payroll or related work
- Strong interpersonal relations skills
- Experience in working with Microsoft EXCEL and WORD
- Ability to operate general office equipment
- Ability to plan, organize, work effectively, detail oriented, communicate and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Able to read and write English and perform basic math skills
- Experience using automated accounting systems and database
- Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License, clean driving record and carry minimum liability coverage as required by the State of Texas
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test
- Knowledge of COBRA regulations
- Experience working with Kronos Workforce Ready & Great Plains
- Experience or knowledge of general accounting principles
- Experience in reconciling accounts
- Must be able to perform physical requirements of the position including but not limited to: inside sedentary work; able to lift 25 pounds