The Goodwill 5K, sponsored by Frontier Waste Solutions, is the largest fundraising event for Goodwill Industries of South Texas. In its 34th year, the Goodwill 5K attracts 800+ participants from all over Texas to compete and support the mission of Goodwill. Revenue raised helps fund Goodwill’s free employment services programs for South Texans with disabilities or other barriers to employment. For 2021, the Goodwill 5K will be a virtual run.
2021 Goodwill 5K Virtual Run description
You can race to support Goodwill from anywhere, anytime between March 1-7th.
- Run, Jog or Walk 5K or 3.1 Miles.
- Track Your Time & Distance. You will need to track your time and distance and take a picture (jpeg) to upload your results. You can use a fitness tracker such FitBit, Garmin, Apple Watch, etc. to take a picture or screenshot. You can also take a picture of the screen if you use a treadmill.
- Upload your results. From your email race confirmation, scroll down to “Manage Your Registration.” From there, select, “submit virtual results” and enter your time and upload a picture/screenshot of your time and distance.
When do I have to complete the virtual race?
Participants will be able to complete the 5K anytime and from anywhere (neighborhood, track, running trail) between March 1-7.
MARCH 7th AT 11p.m. IS THE LATEST YOU CAN SUBMIT RESULTS.
What is the cost?
$25 for the 5K. NOTE: There is an additional shipping cost if you want your race t-shirt mailed.
What do I receive when I register for the run?
Participants who register for the virtual run will receive a tech race t-shirt. Race t-shirts will be printed after online registration closes, which is March 7th. This ensures that you receive your tech race t-shirt in the size you order.
Sounds great! How do I register?
Register online by clicking here or scroll to the REGISTER BUTTON at the top of the page.
When do I pick up my shirt if I chose the local pick up option?
To-Be-Determined (TBD). Depending on registrations, pick up locations could be at the following Goodwill Stores:
Victoria, TX — 4302 Houston Highway
Corpus Christi, TX — 4135 Ayers Street
Edinburg, TX — 3502 South I-69 C
Harlingen, TX – 1101 N. Ed Carey
Brownsville, TX – 1765 Ruben Torres Sr. Blvd
When will my shirt be mailed if I choose the shipping cost option?
Race Shirts will be mailed the week of March 15th.
Instructions for submitting time and other items. From your confirmation email scroll down to the “Manage Your Registration” button and from there you will be able to:
March 1-7, 2021
- Print your race bib before you run
- Upload your finish time
March 8, 2021
- View your race results
- Print your finisher certificate
Here’s the link to Facebook Filter.