Work Adjustment Training – this training is aimed at improving skills needed to obtain and maintain competitive employment. You will be involved in:
- Developing resumes
- Converting military experience into civilian employment
- Learning how to properly complete job applications
- Looking for the right job for you
- Improving your interviewing skills
- Career assesment
Personal Social Adjustment Training – this training class is designed to instill a strong work ethic. Topics include:
- Improving self image and self esteem
- Developing goal-setting techniques and strategies to achieve those goals
- Maintaining productive co-worker and employer relations
- Time and money management
- Stress and anger management, conflict resolution
Placement Services – you will be provided job placement services once you have completed the training classes. The Employment Consultant will try to match your skills and interests to available job openings in the area. You will be expected to fully cooperate with the Employment Consultant and maintain contact with regard to job search activities at least 2 times a week. Once you become employed, you must contact the Employment Consultant with all the necessary employment information and cooperate with monthly follow-up. Participants are expected to adhere closely to the Individual Employment Plan (IEP).
Job Club – Program participants are required to attend Goodwill’s Job Club, conducted by the Employment Consultant. You will have access to a resource room that has internet connectivity to browse websites offering employment opportunities, job fairs, etc. Job Club is conducted Mondays at 9:15 a.m. in the classroom.
Contact Goodwill Veteran Services staff at 361-884-4068 for more information. Funded in part by a grant from the Texas Veterans Commission.